Not just proud to be an Indian, It’s an Honour

Author: Mukul / Labels: , ,



I was few days back reading a report that was pushed into Media quoting that 54% of Indians do not have Toilets, there are more Mobile Phones in India then Toilets. It feels like laughing at those people who come out with such claims. No one came out with the result “why”. So I write this Blog to remind the History to those Western people who continue to be Ignorant and Narrow Minded when it comes to India.

I am quoting an address of Lord Macaulay in British Parliament on 2nd February, 1835

“I have travelled length and breadth of India and I have not seen one person who is beggar, who is thief. Such a wealth I have seen, such a high moral values, people of such caliber that I do not think we would ever conquer this country unless we break the very backbone of this nation”

Now I am quoting few of the scholars those who are not Indians:

India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend and the great grand mother of traditions.     - Mark Twain.  

We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.     - Albert Einstein.

Those who have read, The Wings of Fire - Dr Kalam  would make out that at one instance Dr. Kalam was found quoting that The Britishers when COWARDLY caught Tipu Sultan in 1799, were amazed to find that an uneducated person has invented Rocket Launchers and armory that were never seen by Western Nations earlier. He is the only Indian Pioneer depicted in NASA with his rocketry which was taken away. Hence, it was reverse engineering and Indian Rocketry met a demise of more than 150 years.

These are some facts that no one can deny. Now let me put the brief history of America to justify myself:

1777 – The Year when all the Colonial States of America united and formed United States of America
1955 – Civil Right Movement Initiated by Sir Martin Luther King
1963- Women Rights Initiated
1991- USA only Superpower after USSR’s Disintegration.
1996- Formation of Taliban
2005- First Non White President – End of Racism

I would like the reader to stress on the years as it unfolds. It took USA 178 long years to initiate for Civil Rights after Independence from Europe and more precisely U.K, it took them another 40 years to be declared as Super Power that too after Disintegrating USSR and not DEFEATING. And it took just 5 years for them to Create the Biggest THREAT TO THIS WORLD “TALIBAN” – Sister Company AL-Qaeda for short momentarily gains in Asia ( Comes from horse’s mouth himself – Asif Ali Zardari, Pak President in an Interview that Taliban was A Brainchild of USA and Pakistan to Defeat USSR out of Afghanistan).  Do we Indians still need explanations? After 60 years of Independence America was a country with Slavery, Red Indians, and Racism (It took them 228 years to end racism) {I no where have any intentions to hurt anyone.}

India is hailed to be Caste Based Country with widespread Discrimination and Communal Violence. I completely agree to that as no country is born with  complete maturity and in a complex scenario like that of India, I bet no nation could have ever survived as been Said by Hitler – that this country will never be in peace and unity but we proved him wrong.

Our Constitution was formed by a said Lower Caste Person – Sir Ambedkar. It took us just 57 years to Prove our Unity when A Roman Catholic women was made to step down and give way to A Sikh Person to be Sworn as The Country’s Prime Minister with A Muslim President in a country with 85% Hindus. The Muslim President been elected by a party known to be a hardliner HINDUTVA.  I by no means want to compare nations or want someone to be lead down but it is my Endeavour to pose My Country as no less or behind anyone.



India is stepping up with a Vision 2020 to be a Global POWER and NOT Superpower. With an average GDP of 6-7% we have proved our candidature. It took India just 20 Years to overcome all Social Taboos and Bondages after Globalization of the Economy in 1990. Few days back another achievement was added into India’s Golden Book when an India bought the Loss making East – India Company that ruled India for Century. An Indian, Arcelor Mittal would Supply Steel to London in the Construction for Olympics to be scheduled next in UK. India has large unorganized sector with Rickshawwala, Paperwala, Scrapwala, Vegetable Vendor etc which constitutes 40% to Indian Economy and are no Direct Tax Payers. The day these people come to join the mainstream, I do not expect India to stop at even 12% GDP. When a person with mere earning of Rs. 3000 per month has a mobile phone and every 5 Indian out of 15 is related with Business – Organized or Unorganized, they all contribute to Nation’s Development slow but steady.

It gives me immense sense of Satisfaction and love for my country when a mother after loosing her only child in battle of Kargil comes out speaking I had just one Boy” proves that India will and will Never DIE. We are born in a country where a person failed in his 10th Standard and now the same class has his chapter in their Curriculum – Mr Tendulakar. There is not a single country left in the World to have memorized The A.R Rehman’s “Jai Ho”. This is the very same country that knew Modern Surgery way back when PHds or Doctors ever existed in the form of “The Susruta”, The Creator of Trigonometry and Arithmetic, The Aryabhatta was an Indian. India is the mother of more than 3 Religions and Preserver of many Cultures and Art Forms without any Anti- Semitic Movement. The only country with unmatched History of 1000 years of been Non - INVADER.


Hence, at last I conclude by saying:

“I am not just proud to be an Indian; it’s my HONOUR to be an INDIAN.”

JAI HIND

----
Mukul Gupta


10 comments:

Mukul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prasant Naidu. said...

Mukul your template is quite cool and gives a great feeling when you pop is. yes i am proud to be Indian and i am honored too. A country is not perfect and we the people make it perfect, yes we have lot of problems and things cropping in but the way India has handled the financial crisis, the world is looking towards us with a lot of respect and pride.

keep rocking,
PN.

Mukul said...

Yeah thanks a lot..I hope as You have started feeling I wish 125 crore Indian do the same and we sour back into the sky ...

Venkat said...

I don't understand why I should compare myself with others to feel proud or otherwise. I am what I am not superior neither inferior to anyone. I am Indian.

Mukul said...

Yup I agree but you need to again read my first line ... It is a reply to those who were comparing India with theirs in very recent surveys relating to Toilets, mobile phones, population, soft state etc so I am telling them that we are running 4 times faster as US( the world's strongest democracy) in the making did.. I hope you understand what I mean

Venkat@Life Insurance said...

Mukul,

I hope you will meet Dr Kalam one day. He is a personification of simplicity, humility, passion, love, knowledge, and genius.

He is one of his kind.

Mukul said...

@Venkatlife insurance: Thanks I hope i do ... I will be the happiest man on earth that day.. even thinking of this makes me happy and thrilled :)

Venkat said...

Every country will have more mobile phones than toilets. While every house needs a toilet, every person needs a mobile phone in this 21st century so the number of mobile phones will be always more than toilets.

Don't you think if 54% Indians don't have toilets then it is problem and we as Indians should do something about it. There is a reason for this. Our cities are over crowded and families live in single room accommodations. And people in villages are not simply used to it.

You are very idealistic Mr Mukul and very young, but I hope you will realize our shortcomings as a country without losing the love towards it and passion to do something for the country.

Mukul said...

If your read my other Blogs here , you will get that I have pointed out the Problems which we face and reason why we still contest election on roti kapra and makan and still 49% India is under BPL, Its is the electorate that has to take charge... and secondly every country has shortcoming and poverty ( just the criteria is different) I request you to read my blog on Black money you will get your answers about our shortcomings and a solution ... This Blog just relates to the Narrow minded western people who still consider India as a land of snake charmer and the people wearing torn Dhoti below and on head !!!

Chandrika Shubham said...

Header is very nice. Template is artistic. :)
This post is very informative. The sayings by the great persons make it more interesting read.
The fact about the mobiles and toilets amazed me.

JAI HIND

Post a Comment

Whose There

How Do u Find My Blog